- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes or 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in mixing bowl until it starts to form a ball.
- Knead by hand or with electric mixer and dough hook under the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover the bowl, allow the dough to rise at room temperature until it's puffy (not quite double in size). Approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and parsley. Whisk until mixed well.
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- After the dough is puffy, gently deflate the dough and transfer to a lightly greased work surface. Divide the dough into 24 even pieces.
- Shape each piece into a rough ball by pulling the dough, wrapping around and making a small knot on the bottom. Then roll to make a smooth ball.
- Place in lightly greased pan and cover with greased plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 90 minutes to 2 hours. They will get puffy and touch one another.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes, if they are browning on top, loosely tent with aluminum foil. Bake additional 10 to 13 minutes until the tops are light brown.
- Remove rolls form the oven. Let cool 2 minutes and coat with 3 TBSP melted butter if desired. Serve rolls warm.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device