HONEY PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 1/4 cups water, warm (105° to 115°F)
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. Clover honey
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1 jar pizza sauce (14 oz)
- 2 cups Italian Cheese Blend
- Additional pizza toppings optional
- Combine 1/4 cup of the warm water, yeast and honey in a large bowl; stir to blend.
- Cover bowl. Let it stand for about 10 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add remaining 1 cup of water, olive oil, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour, and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 to 21/2 cups of flour, stirring until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead dough with a dough hook on a stand mixer for 5 minutes. (Or need by hand on a floured surface for 10 minutes).
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large, oiled bowl.
- Turn the dough to coat with the oil.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll out and shape the dough on a greased pan.
- Add 1 jar of pizza sauce, or your favorite homemade pizza sauce.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings and top with cheese.
- Place in oven for 30- 40 minutes. Cheese should start to brown and the crust will be light brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.