- 6 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Blossom Honey
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- One can (15.5 oz) low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prep the Tomatoes, cut tops off and reserve (to use "like hats") and scoop out the insides and reserve.
- Arrange the tomatoes cut side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the Orange Blossom Honey with 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil. Drizzle over the tomatoes, season with salt.
- lace in Oven and bake 5-6 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the ginger, vinegar, cumin, scallions and reserved insides of the tomatoes. Stir until combined.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, and kale. Cook until greens are wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Tear 2 leaves of basil and stir into filling. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the tomatoes around on the baking sheet and place 1 basil leaf into each tomato base. Gentle spoon a liberal amount of filling into each tomato.
- Bake until piping hot, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top each stuffed tomato with grated parmesan and tomato top.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device