Buckwheat Honey & Ginger Cookies
- 1 C butter, room temp.
- ¼ C sugar
- Sugar for dusting
- ¼ C light brown sugar
- 1 C Buckwheat Honey
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 C unbleached white flour
- White Chocolate, melted (optional)
- In large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- At slow speed, add honey, mix until well combined.
- Add baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each egg & scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add flour and mix until flour is just blended.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Roll each ball in sugar.
- Place dough, 2” apart, on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 min. until the cookies are browned and puffy.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Add melted white chocolate on top for decoration.
Made them this afternoon.
We clarified item number 5. Thank you for the comment. ;-)
When does the flour get put into the buckwheat/ginger cookies?😎