Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon
- -1/4 cup butter
- -1/4 cup Griesemer Beekeeping Tupelo honey
- -2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- -3 Cloves garlic, minced
- -1 salmon fillet, descaled, approx.. 2.5 lb
- - Salt to taste
- Arrange oven shelf about 8 inches away from the heating element in your oven . Preheat your oven to broil / grill.
- Place butter in an oven proof pan / skillet. Pop over medium heat swirling pan occasionally and stirring continuously for about 3 minutes or until the foam settles and the butter begins to change in color to a Golden Brown with a nutty fragrance.
- Pour in the honey lemon juice and garlic . Stir well to combine all of the flavors together and cook for an additional 30 seconds to one minute until the garlic is fragrant. Optional pour out half of the Brown butter from the pan to reserve sauce for later.
- Add the salmon filet to the butter in the pan. Cook each filet skin side down for three to four minutes or until Golden Brown while basting the top with the pan juices. This will result in a nice crispy skin.
- Transfer pan to your oven to broil / grill for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the top of the salmon is nicely charred. (Watch careful, honey can burn quickly)
- To serve, season with a pinch of salt and drizzle the reserved Brown butter sauce.